Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Rotoforge 1/24/2023

Today I took the opportunity to organize the current bill of materials for the most recent iteration of rotoforge and to line out the CAM paths for milling the tool holder for the machine. Not much to show just yet but images will be posted of each step of the process of machining in the near future, and some proper complete CAD and shcematics for the machine will be uploaded on github soon. Otherwise my time today was spent considering this new opportunity from the NSF for the place at which I work. It is a rather exciting development, though the pool of awards is small. I have been trying to spin a case for Low Temperature Cofired ceramics and metal-ceramic circuit 3D printing as some sort of proposal for this initiative. But still have a long way to go. Really need to put together a presentation by the end of this week identifying a specific opportunity and how we at HiDEC can hope to address one of the listed objectives direclty and in an innovative way... questions questions questions, never any answers it seems. I still need to work on the first draft of the open hardware journal paper for the prior Pyrojet project. I would like it to get out in the wild as "a CMOS free fabrication process for open source thermal inkjet printheads" or something along those lines... I figure someone could find more use for it than I have so far. It has been an excellent learning eperience no doubt, though the physics of combustion and fluid dynamics at small scales inhibitted realizing its full potential... Back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rotoforge 2023-11-30 Cold Working and Other Problems

 7 months of implementations later... I thought I grasped the physics. I was wrong. well not completely, but at least 50% wrong, which might...